The Silva Creek Botanical Garden is currently a project of the Gila Native Plant Society. For several years volunteers have been organized to maintain and care for the Garden. In 2014, we received a PNM Power Up Grant to construct an amphitheater/outdoor classroom, a kiosk, pad for outdoor sculptures and metal artwork that has been positioned around the historic (1906) railroad water tank that is in the Garden. The Garden is located on Virginia Street, 2 blocks north of US 180, between Hill St and State St, across from the Virginia Street Park.
Kiosk
Amphitheater
Metal Artwork

In 2014, we also received a grant from the Wettarau Family Fund to bring in soil, make additional plantings of native plants and restore the central portion of the Garden.
Installing the Metal Artwork
Volunteers Working on the Garden Project
Click on map
    to open